Knowing Samui and nearby islands
Koh Samui is the most important and most inhabited island in Surat Thani. It is the third largest island in Thailand, 253 square kilometers, after Phuket and Koh Chang. Koh Samui is about 84 km away from Suratthani coast and 750 km from Bangkok. Koh Samui is a beautiful marine attraction known for both Thai and foreign tourists especially Chaweng and Lamai Beach of Koh Samui and Mu Ko Ang Thong National Park Is the most beautiful viewpoint of the sea on the Gulf of Thailand. Koh Tao has shallow coral reefs and deep coral reefs that are abundant around Koh Nang Yuan as well. Koh Nang Yuan also has a viewpoint that is beautiful and worth the climb as well. It takes about 10 minutes to walk up. Above is a stone courtyard one of the vast for a good view
Koh Samui is known as Coconut Island because it is a cultivated area of good coconut and still filled with coconut plantations untill now. Koh Samui has become a bustling tourist city. Travelers both Thai and foreigners visit about 700,000 people a year, with rapid growth especially the popular beaches like Chaweng and Lamai which grow in line with Pattaya’s beaches in Chonburi and Patong’s beaches in Phuket, but still has manny beaches which remain quiet suitable for relaxation.
Koh Samui has 50 km long road around the island. There are many facilities including commercial banks airports hotels and multi-level bungalows priced at over 500 THB, both cheap and expensive luxury rooms, besides the sandy beach there are also temples museums butterfly gardens and waterfalls as well as various shows such as snake farm ,crocodile farm ,center Thai monkeys, buffalo houses, etc., is a tourist attraction that is built to accommodate tourists, especially for tourists who prefer to relax peacefully.Koh Samui has the most beautiful and longest beach on the east of the island, Chaweng and Lamai Beach. Beauty at the Beach of Hua Thanon (Harn Beach) filled with rocks and coral.It’s a quiet place to relax from the popular tourist island tour
While Koh Phangan is the second largest island after Koh Samui. The most beautiful beaches are Haad Rin Nok, Thong Nai Pan Bay, Ao Than Thanu and Haad Yao. Some western beaches are muddy beaches, with rocks lined throughout, but beautiful. Another style, next to Koh Phangan to the north, is another medium-sized island there name is Koh Tao, although equally popular with tourists, but still covered with forest than Koh Samui and Koh Tao also has a facility more suitable for tourists who enjoy a relaxing stay.
Most popular islands on the Gulf of Thailand among tourists it is Koh Samui, Koh Pha Ngan, Koh Tao, Koh Nang Yuan, and Tan Island, all have beautiful sandy beaches, different colors and atmosphere to choose from.Travel can be convenient by plane, train, bus and various types of boats. There should be a continuous holiday for 4-5 days because of the time required to travel back and forth. Normally, the islands in this region can visit throughout the year except during a storm or hurricane.
Recommend beach on Samui and nearby island
1 Chaweng Beach and Lamai Beach are the most popular beaches in Koh Samui, due to the beautyful of the pristine white sand beaches that attract tourists from around the world. Pouring in to visit until now, both beaches are the center of tourism business of Koh Samui, with many levels of accommodation, prices ranging from hundreds to hundreds of luxurious rooms each night
Nearly ten thousand baht. There are many tour companies, touring nearby islands and outdoor activities such as elephant trekking, snorkeling, shooting, kayaking etc. as well as the bustling entertainment venues along the beach road or can easily rent a car to travel around the island.
2 Haad Rin Nai and Haad Rin Nok, Koh Phangan is the longest and most beautiful beach of the island. Both places are still cheap accommodation, so tourists are not much costly for accommodation.
3 Sairee Beach, Koh Tao,is the longest and most beautiful sandy beach of Koh Tao, so there is a lot of accommodation and because it is close to Mae Haad Bay, which is the port and the important community area of the island. The boat trip is easy to travel, will contact to buy a tour, dive shop or travel to other islands easily.
What to do on Koh Samui and nearby islands.
1. Beach and islands are what make Koh Samui and nearby islands known among tourists, especially popular beaches. Such as Chaweng Beach, Lamai Beach, Koh Samui and Haad Rin, Koh Phangan, which is a beautiful beach with white sandy beach, crystal clear water, foreign tourists come to rest and play. Almost every beach has accommodation and restaurant services.There are fishing villages and nature trails suitable for those who are interested in the way of life of villagers and the ecosystem of mangrove forests of Nang Yuan with beautiful beaches and unique landscapes is distinguished by the sea in and the beautiful viewpoint etc.
2. Coral reef diving Koh Tao is the most beautiful dive site in the Gulf of Thailand and also has a shallow coral reef that is in perfect condition at the Purple Bay area for other islands. There are beautiful colors and beautiful fish to watch as a substitute, tourists can rent boats and diving equipment both at Koh Tao, Koh Samui and Koh Phangan. There are many scuba diving schools, and dive instructors foor people without diving license and dive master or dive instructors are mostly foreigners.
3. Visit waterfalls on Koh Samui and Phangan. There are many waterfalls even though not very large, but it helps to make the sea travel more colorful, such as Namuang Waterfall, Phaeng Waterfall, Than Sadet Waterfall, etc., to visit and play waterfalls, to change the atmosphere.
4. Visiting temples and museums suitable for those who like cultural tourism, with local temples and museums showing folk art, reflecting community history, ideas, beliefs and the lifestyle of villagers the Hainan Shrine, at the face of the Hainanese Chinese people, worshiping the Big Buddha.
5. Visit the zoo, watch shows and other activities on Koh Samui. There are various entertainment shows and activities such as go-karts, shooting field, paintball, elephant riding, buffalo bumping, performing monkey training, crocodile catching etc. but most are held in order to show some foreign tourists, under water Samui is also showcasing a fascinating, but it is a Butterfly Garden Samui is worth watching.
6 Destination beach Wedding on Koh Samui because Samui is dream destination for many weding couple from around the world.